Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Big Girl Bed

Mary Scott is now in the Toddler Bed.  We were not intending to move her yet, but we went to my parents house last weekend to celebrate my dad's birthday and that is where Mary Scott first slept in a "big bed."  They have bunk beds that are pushed against a wall and have a rail and when it was nap time she wanted to get in the bunk bed.  I decided I would let her try and if she got our or wouldn't go to sleep I would put her in the crib.  She did not even move!  I was shocked, but she loved it so we let her do it that night and she did great.  We decided since she did so well we would go ahead and do it at our house.  We let her go to the store and pick out her own comforter, and she of course chose Minnie.  We are very "Mick" obsessed right now.  She was so proud of her new comforter and couldn't wait to jump into bed!  The only problem with our bed is that the rails are on each end and leave the middle open, and I guess I was more concerned about her climbing out that I didn't think about her falling out.  She did fall out once the first night, but it didn't seem to bother her and she just went right back to sleep, and we put up a make-shift rail.  She has not even tried to get out once, and her passy even fell out and she just cried and said "passy gone" and didn't try to get out and get it.  I am sure as she gets older she will try and climb out, but I am just so thankful that this was so easy.

Now for my soapbox- Since I have announced I am going part-time, and I am sure after reading this (admit you thought it) people are going to think we are ready for another.  That can not be further from the truth!  I am so totally content at where I am in my life, which may be a first, and I am enjoying it for all it is worth.  I have always been ready for the next thing and I now think I missed out on some joy because I was focused on the next step (graduating, getting married, having kids, etc..) so I am determined to enjoy Mary Scott by herself.  I think it is great if people want to have children close together, but I just don't have that inkling at all yet, and I know the Lord will let me know when we are ready.  So, now to get back off my soapbox- Quit asking if we are ready for another one! :)

Some pictures of my cutie in her "Big Girl Bed"
                                    Notice the crazy rails on the edge and not the middle?



No comments:

Post a Comment