Monday, August 6, 2012

Blueberries, Babies, and a Big Girl Bed

Blueberries
We have been busy lately.  I am trying to enjoy my last few days of full-time summer with Mary Scott! Last Saturday, we went and picked blueberries at Blueberry Hill in Lexington.  It was only 10 minutes from our house, and it was fantastic.  Mary Scott had a blast picking apples, grapes, strawberries, I mean blueberries.  We kept asking Mary Scott what we were picking and we got one of these 4 fruits each time, and then on the way home asked to go pick more apples! ha.

                   Carrying her bucket that blueberries did NOT get in because they all went in her mouth.
 Feeding daddy some blueberries

Babies
Mary Scott is OBSESSED with babies.  Real babies or baby dolls it doesn't matter.  She has two babies who she has named Lindsay (after a girl at daycare) and Katy (after Muah!  I will remember this when she is 15 and says she can't stand me).  We treat them like real people and they are included in all of our activities.  They get fed, read to, potty, and do everything else we do.  It is so cute the way Mary Scott talks to them and shows them things, and makes Kevin and I treat them like they are alive.  We even have to kiss them goodnight!
We also got to go meet a real live new baby this week at the Vitters' house.  Mary Scott couldn't wait to go to "Hannah's" house and meet Hayden.  He was so cute, and Mary Scott loved talking to him and getting near him.  She also loved their beautiful new house and playing with all of Hannah's baby dolls.  
                                                             Sweet Baby Hayden
                                     Baby Katy and Mary Scott eating- notice they are "sharing" the plate
Big Girl Bed
Kevin and I surprised Mary Scott with a big girl bed after she and I went to see my parents and grandma.  She is thrilled with her big girl bed, and has done great transitioning so far.
              Such a big girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment