Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Awesome Science Experiment

I found a really cool experiment on Pinterest, and I knew I wanted to try it with Mary Scott.  All you need is Ivory Soap and your microwave.  You put the Ivory Soap on a paper towel in the microwave, and I set the microwave for 3:00 minutes.  Then you just stand back and watch what happens!  Make sure you get a chair or something for your children so they can see the microwave.
                                                       Watching the soap get BIG!!
                                                 The soap is hard and not messy at all.
                                      Mary Scott is mixing the soap and warm water together
Putting the soap mix into the molds.  I wish I had a picture of the completed Mickey Soap, but I forgot to take one!

After we watched the soap "get big" I broke it off and put it in a bowl.  Then I added some warm water to the bowl and mixed the soap and water until it was like a pie crust consistency.  This is also when we added the food coloring.  After we finished mixing, we put it into the molds.  The first go around I couldn't get it out of the molds so I put it in the freezer for a little while and then it worked much better. I thought they turned out pretty cute, and we gave them as part of the favors for her birthday.  Mary Scott loves using the soap in the bathtub.  I would highly recommend this to anyone with children, and I think older boys would think this was so cool!


No comments:

Post a Comment