When Pinterest first came out, I thought I would never get on in a million years. I never realized it had so many great ideas for kids and families. I thought it was all girly decorating stuff, but I was wrong! I found this great moon sand recipe and Mary Scott and I tried it out last week. All it is is 8 cups of flour and 1 cup of baby oil. I tried to add food coloring, but I couldn't get it work. It is really messy, but Mary Scott had a blast!
I put Halloween cookie cutters in the sand for her to use, and I put some cups and spoons so she could scoop and pout. In true toddler fashion, I made her keep the sand in the bucket to play with the sand and she kept trying to test me. I wish I would have had a picture for the end when I had to drag her inside because she dumped the sand out "one more time" it was not a pretty moment. The project was still worth the rough ending, and I covered the sand so she can continue to play with it. A great activity for very cheap!
No comments:
Post a Comment