Sunday, March 11, 2012

Job Changes

I have really felt called over the past months to spend more time with Mary Scott.  I always thought teaching would be the best job to have to be a mom and that I would never feel guilty because I could leave at 3:00 to go get her.  What you don't realize is how tired you will be when you leave, and how you still will have students and families on your mind all the time.  I didn't feel like I was giving Mary Scott 100% all the time.  I had to come to the realization that I ultimately was most responsible for my little girl, and not the boys at school who I love very much.  So....  I am officially going to be a part-time employee for the school district next year (not sure yet exactly what I will be doing)!  I am really excited and nervous at the same time.  I am not a huge fan of change, and I ABSOLUTELY love what I do and my students, and if there was any way I could keep my job and be part time I would in a second.  I am already dreading the end of the year and saying goodbye to my boys, most of whom I have taught for several years.  However, I am looking forward to spending more time doing things like this...


Mary Scott is so much fun right now, and I can't wait for this summer and then to have 2.5 extra days with her every week next school year!!

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” -Maria Robinson

2 comments:

  1. I think it's great that you've chosen to spend more time at home. There is no one like Mommy. It's a loss for our school and your kids but.....I'm celebrating with you. Yay! Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you. I've been having those same feelings this year. I wish there was a way for me to go part-time... still trying to figure out a better situation for next year. I'm missing out on too much of my girls! Glad to hear that you had the courage to make the change.

    ReplyDelete