Sunday, February 26, 2012

Daddy-Daughter Time

I'm certainly not much into this blogging thing but I had nice a weekend and I guess that's what you are supposed to share on these things.  On Friday night and Saturday, Katy was away with the soccer team on a team building retreat so there was lots of daddy daughter time.  Mary Scott and I had such a good time.  Saturday morning we went to Lowe's and she loved driving the Jimmie Johnson race car buggy.  Once we got home she helped me put together our new deck box.  We spent the rest of the morning just playing. She is so much fun to play with.  She has so much personality and loves to talk, laugh and do silly things.  She is so smart, and it's amazing to watch her little mind make connections and figure out the world around her.

Saturday after her nap I decided to take her for a treat.  We went up the road the newly remodeled McDonald's.  She loved her ice cream and would have eaten the whole thing if I had let her.



 We then played on the indoor playground.  She absolutely loved the slide.  She much have done it fifty times.  Each time she would get the bottom just giggling and saying "again again."   Katy made it home late Saturday and Mary Scott was so excited to see her mommy get off the bus.  I look forward to many more Daddy-Daughter dates with Mary Scott.

Sunday was a nice relaxing day.  We went to early church and Sunday school and then out to lunch with Katy's Dad and her Uncle Dwight.  We went to Kovachi's for their new Sunday buffet.  In the Bible where it talks about God preparing a banquet for us in heaven.  I'm pretty sure that's what its going to look like--pizza, pasta, lasagna, ravioli, tortellini, stuffed chicken, and chocolate cake.  It was very delicious.  We spent the rest of the day just relaxing and spending time together.  

1 comment: