Thursday, June 21, 2012

5th Anniversary Trip

Kevin and I celebrated our 5th anniversary on June 9th.  Two years ago when I was pregnant with Mary Scott we started talking about wanting to go back to an all-inclusive resort for our 5th anniversary.  We asked our good friends Nick and Laura, who got married a year after us if they wanted to come.  Slowly but surely we made plans and the time got closer and closer.  I got pretty nervous a couple of months ago, and some crazy thoughts about the plane going down, Mary Scott drowning, and other crazy mom thoughts came to me, but I was really excited by the time of the trip.  We had a blast!  It was so much fun, and it was so nice for Kevin and I to get away and really enjoy each other.  We genuinely enjoy being around one another, so it was great to reconnect and have a good time without worrying about a toddler.  Our resort, The Secrets Silversands was phenomenal, and they did such a great job keeping everyone entertained and provided excellent service.  The resort was couple's only, which also helped me not to think about Mary Scott so much.  We came back so rested and with such renewed spirits!  We can't wait to go back, and maybe even go somewhere were we can take kids (or maybe not)!
 Kevin called this our "Tour de Mexico." Six mile bike ride over pot holes at a very fast pace!
                                                  How can you not have fun with this view
                                                            Our last drink in paradise!

Mary Scott had a blast with her Nana, Papa, Mimi, and Big Grandaddy.  She split the week and got to go to each of there houses for 2 1/2 days.  It also made it easier for me knowing she was in great hands, and they were nice enough to send me an email at the end of each day to reassure me that everyone was still alive :)

So I'll just sit right here and have another beer in Mexico
Do my best to waste another day
Sit right here and have another beer in Mexico
Let the warm air melt these blues away.


Kenny Chesney

No comments:

Post a Comment