We have been praying with Mary Scott since she was born, but have become much more intentional about it the last several months. We say "Now I lay me down to sleep..." and then say thank you for all of our immediate family members. Kevin started having her repeat the family members a couple of weeks ago, and then last Wednesday I started with her and said "Thank you for Daddy" and then had her repeat and then I just said, "Thank you for ..." and she said Mommy!! I tried it again and she said Meme, and then Grandaddy, Popa, and then Nana. It was such a sweet moment, and I wish I could have had it on tape! I love those super sweet moments, and it just amazes me how fast young children pick up on things. I look forward to when she can say all her prayers by herself. A perfect verse to end on..
“Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 5 And whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me."
Matthew 18 3:5
No comments:
Post a Comment